Etiquette of Eating (Part 1)
If we love Prophet Muhammad PBUH, we must be eager to follow him and his teachings. Prophet Muhammad PBUH was given the instructions for our complete way of life, including the etiquette of eating and drinking. Following the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad PBUH comes with a lot of benefits
Before you Eat:
- Make sure what you are eating was prepared in a halal (allowed) manner and not haram.
- We can only eat halal food, and we cannot eat haram food such as a pig or drink alcohol.
- If you have guests, offer them food. If you are a guest, be quick to accept food from your host, so you do not hurt their feelings.
- Wash your hands before you eat to remove germs, bacteria, and any other impurities.
- Mention Allah’s name before you eat by saying ‘Bismillah’ (“In the name of Allah”). It is recommended to say other duas before eating. If you forget to mention Allah’s name in the beginning, you can say “Bismillah Awwalahu Wa Akhirahu’ (“In the name of Allah at the beginning and at the end”) as soon as you remember.